Step into a New Year

on Monday, January 2, 2012

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

As we step into a new year, we need to pause a moment and spend some time thinking and possibly re-arranging our priorities; hoping to gain some understanding of what we are truly seeking, and where our passions truly lie.

It’s easy to find ourselves drifting from our purpose and discover that our aspirations have changed as we increasingly become entwined with the cares and the pleasures of this world, allowing our worldly cares and possessions to possess us.

If our sincere evaluation does not place God at the top of our list of priorities, something needs to change. Are we willing to surrender all of our hopes, dreams, and accomplishments to God?

Acknowledging that each success is a result of His work in our lives, and that each dream comes true as we become willing to lay down our feelings and attitudes at His feet, seeking His wisdom, and embracing His truth?

He is our hope for a new year and each year that follows. In Him we will find all that satisfies, and more than we could possibly dream.

Prayer
You are Lord of my life, Lord of all that was, and is, and is yet to come. I place my hope for this new year in You. I bow before You today, submitting to Your authority, seeking Your wisdom, will and direction for my life. I may not always understand the path I am on, but I trust You in all things and commit my heart to You. Increase my faith, give me wisdom and understanding. Let me be reminded today, that as I seek You first, blessings will follow, but that the blessings are not what I seek. Amen.

posted by Will Ravelob at the PHIAA e-group

0 comments:

Post a Comment


span.fullpost {display:inline;}