Who am I? I'm a Nobody!

on Saturday, January 21, 2012

But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?" . . . God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM . . . Exodus 3:10-15

The call and the encounter must of been so unexpected for Moses. raised in the palace and i think sensing the call to leadership and even as deliverer Moses had once before, while in the position of the palace, tried to rescue the Hebrews (Exodus 2) which had led him to the desert. this encourages me, that i am not disqualified when i make a mistake.

How many of us respond to the call of God like Moses? WHO AM I? When God called Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1 he said the exact same thing WHO AM I? I am too young. When God called Abraham and told him he was going to be father of nations Abraham said the same thing WHO AM I?

I am too old. Moses is shaking his head, " Who am I, that I should be the one to do this?" He doesn’t verbally say it but I bet he is thinking it. I am murderer! That’s who I am! I’m on Egypt’s most wanted list! I’m just an adopted guy, not even brought up by his real parents! I’m a coward cause I ran! Ran right out of Egypt! I’m a guy with a speech problem! Probably got my stuttering from my nerves! I’m a nobody!
That’s who I am…so, why me? And I can imagine the Lord reading His thoughts, knowing his heart, and thinking, ‘Oh Moses, it’s not who you are… Or was.. It’s who I am! It’s not what you can’t do, or what you’ve done, ….it’s what I can do!’

Who am I? That’s not really the question. God’s answer, to all 3 of the who am I’s above… I AM GOD I AM WITH YOU.

God dares us – sometimes He dares us the most impossible things – but with Him, all things are possible. God + 1 is all you need! When God calls He qualifies, He empowers, He equips. God dares and He enables! Don’t look at who you are but at the GOD who is calling you. Don’t be intimidated by the task ahead but have faith in Almighty God! God’s promise is I AM WITH YOU!


When you get a clear understanding of WHO God is you draw nearer in faith. You take Him at His Word. You know His promises. You know His heart.

True faith – that propels us into serving God and changing the world – is founded on what you believe about God and what HE is capable of.


Steven Furtick – WB Journal

0 comments:

Post a Comment


span.fullpost {display:inline;}